One by One UK-US (ObO UK-US) is a multi-partner international initiative, bringing together cultural organisations, policy makers, academics, professional bodies, support agencies, and communities of practice, to build digitally confident museums. One by One helps museums of any size better define, improve, measure and embed the digital literacy of their staff and volunteers in all roles and at all levels.
The project asks:
- What are the forms of organisational leadership, business processes, institutional cultures and professional practices that need to be in place, inside the museum, to support new forms of visitor experience and participation?
- How can new transatlantic partnerships between both existing and new communities of cultural organisations and digital scholars help to identify, understand and develop these new practices and processes?
- What are the effective and scalable collaborative tools and methods that can be used to support and sustain these new research partnerships within the profession and the academy?
- John Stack, Digital Director
The project partnership includes:
- Haitham Eid (Director, Museum Studies Program, Southern University at New Orleans)
- Ross Parry (Professor of Museum Technology, and Deputy Head, School of Museum Studies, University of Leicester)
- American Women’s History Initiative
- Amgueddfa Cymru — National Museum Wales
- Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum
- National Museums Scotland
- Science Museum Group
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Victoria and Albert Museum
- American Alliance of Museums (US)
- Museums Association (UK)
- Museums Computer Group (MCG) (UK)
- Museum Computer Network (MCN) (US)
Funded by the AHRC’s UK-US Collaboration for Digital Scholarship in Cultural Institutions’ programme through the UKRI Fund for International Collaboration.