This project aims to contribute to sustainable energy use by addressing communication-related challenges in the energy and culture sector through multidisciplinary discussions and activities.
This is a follow-on project from the AHRC-funded ‘Material Cultures of Energy’ project (MCE, 2014–2017), which examined how modern energy consumption transformed daily life during the 20th century.
It will engage with the process of communicating energy-related knowledge and information by collaborating with energy communicators in energy companies, government offices, community energy groups, museums and research organisations.
- Hiroki Shin, Research Fellow , Science Museum
- Ben Russell, Curator of Medical Engineering, Science Museum
- Prof Frank Trentmann, Professor of History, Birkbeck College, University of London
- Dr Heather Chappells, Lecturer, University of British Columbia,
- Dr Vanessa Taylor, Lecturer, University of Greenwich
- Dr Rebecca Wright, Lecturer, University of Northumbria