The Science Museum Group is a partner in a consortium to develop and test new audience experiences using augmented reality app technology.
The project seeks to address questions about what museums might look like in the future and how augmented (AR) technology, among others, will shape the way audiences consume science and culture.
In October 2020, the project launched My Robot Mission AR, an app that combines a series of fun challenges and the latest augmented reality technology to help users think like a scientist.
- Tilly Blyth, Head of Collections and Principal Curator
- Mark Cutmore, Head of Commercial Experiences
- Roger Highfield, Science Director
- Zoe Palphramand, Project Manager: Audience of the Future
- Dave Patten, Head of New Media
- Bethan Ross, Senior Audience Researcher
- Ben Russell, Curator of Mechanical Engineering
- John Stack, Digital Director
- Andrew Stone, Project Manager: Audience of the Future
The project is funded within the Audience of the Future programme by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
The consortium partners are:
- Almeida Theatre
- Factory 42
- Magic Leap
- Natural History Museum
- Science Museum Group
- University of Exeter