From Freedom of Information to managing our collections—download details of the Science Museum Group’s policies and reports.
- Ancient Greeks: Science and Wisdom(Science Museum, 7 November 2021 – 05 June 2022)
The Science Museum is able to provide immunity from seizure for cultural objects which are on loan from overseas under Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.
Protection under the Act can only be offered by approved institutions which have demonstrated to DCMS that they abide by their Due Diligence guidelines and have firm procedures in place for establishing the provenance history of cultural objects.
Immunity from seizure is only offered when specifically requested and is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The object is usually kept outside the UK
- It is not owned by a person resident in the UK
- Importing the object does not contravene any law
- It is brought to the UK for public display in a temporary exhibition at an approved museum or gallery
- The borrowing museum has published information about the object online
Links to museums and galleries with forthcoming exhibitions which include objects lent from overseas to the UK can be found on the Arts Council England’s website.
If you have enquiries, please write to:
Immunity from Seizure
London SW7 2DD
Download Strategic plans
- Inspiring Futures: Strategic Priorities 2017–30 (Reissued 2020)
- Science Museum Group Plan Summary 2020-21 and beyond (Revised August 2020)
- Science Museum Group Plan 2019–20
- Science Museum Group Plan 2018–19
- Science Museum Strategic Ambitions 2012–22
- Science Museum Group Research Strategy 2018
- Science Museum Group Plan 2017–18
- Science Museum Group Plan 2016–17
- Science Museum Group Plan 2015–16
- Science Museum Group Plan 2014–15
- Science Museum Group Plan 2013–14
- Annual Plan 2012–13
- Annual plan 2011–12
- Corporate Plan 2009–summary
- Corporate Plan 2009–full
Download Finance and payroll reports
View current and historic funding agreements between the Science Museum Group and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
Management agreement with DCMS: 2017
Update on achievement of funding agreement objectives: 2006–07
Three year funding agreement: 2005–08
Three year funding agreement: 2003–06
This information is defined by and published in line with the Government’s transparency agenda and provides details of the Science Museum Group’s expenditures over £25,000. It is published on a biannual basis and the information it provides is correct at the times stated.
Download Freedom of Information reports
These reports show our activity and compliance under the Freedom of Information Act.